2004/09/06

Hmm... Though egoism is a source of power to write blogs, mine has some undesirable tendencies. The writer wants to represent the writer's own country/culture, despite the fact that nobody can do that, since everybody is different from others; personality supercedes nationality. When I have been to Viet Nam, I tried to blend in to the culture, but that effort itself was kind of orientalism, in the sense that I felt of myself as a person somewhat different from Vietnamese people. To confess, it is undeniable that, a sort of racism had existed in my subconscious, having some arrogance to be ``a member of G8'' (laugh to me). It is a fact that the nationality have much influence on your personality, but it is also true that you are nobody but you. You make trouble evry day, forgetting this simple conclusion (and regretfully re-open your self-help books. (in this point, moi non plus)).

No comments: